Frequently Asked Questions
A typical Buzzshot customer is planning for business growth and runs an escape room business with usually two members of staff or more.
Buzzshot makes running your escape room business easier, your staff are happier and more efficient; and Buzzshot helps you standardise and automate a lot of your business processes and marketing efforts to ensure happy players and more reviews. With Buzzshot your staff and operations are prepared for business growth and streamlined ready for increasing player numbers.
Escape room owners and Game Masters tend to discover Buzzshot through recommendations on industry forums or when hunting for waiver software or team photo app's online but then during a Buzzshot demo and free trial often realise that Buzzshot is actually the most advanced end-to-end customer satisfaction software that they’ve been dreaming of, packed full of valuable features and potential for their business.
Yes, Buzzshot is designed to run on multiple devices and be reliable even when your internet isn't. Buzzshot is the only system of its kind to have native apps for smartphones and tablets (both Android and Apple devices) as well a web-based Business Dashboard. This all means that Buzzshot is the only waiver and team photo system that won’t lose your player data or photos if your escape room wifi drops! This level of reliability is just one reason why many business owners choose Buzzshot above all other systems. To further explain:
- The Buzzshot app can be installed on to smartphones and tablets (Apple and Android) to provide a professional customer-facing check-in for players and to make the collection of game data and team photos painless for your Game Masters. Buzzshot even provides a Kiosk Mode and touchless check-in via QR Code to suit your unique business workflow needs.
- In addition to the Buzzshot app, the Buzzshot Business Dashboard provides you and your staff real-time business data, analytics and performance stats and can be accessed on any device with a web-browser. The Business Dashboard is most often used by your staff at reception or behind the scenes to manager your escape room business day to day.
We get it! Demos are often just disguised sales pitches. But rest assured, that's not our style.
When you book a Buzzshot demo, it's not about selling. We genuinely want to understand your business, so we can tailor our software to match your unique needs. We're all about delivering real value to you.
During the demo, we'll take the time to learn about your workflows, challenges, and goals. We'll then customise your account, fine-tuning our features and settings to fit your requirements. It's all about providing a solution that truly works for you. We want you to get immediate value from your 14 day free trial of Buzzshot and the demo process helps us do that for you.
Embrace the opportunity to explore the true potential of our software in a friendly, non-salesy atmosphere. Schedule a demo today, and let's embark on a journey towards success together!
No unexpected charges. You choose your subscription level and the cost is always clear at the point of purchase. All Buzzshot subscriptions are monthly so there's no long term commitment either. All Buzzshot subscription levels include our full suite of features, and the price even includes the cost of sending your players SMS messages.
We understand the escape room industry is seasonal and unpredictable so you have full control to upgrade or downgrade your own subscription whenever you need to in your Business Dashboard. If you happen to have an unexpectedly busy month one month and go over your player limit, no problem, we’ll congratulate you on your surprisingly busy month and we’ll cover the extra for free that month. If you’re going over your limit consecutively you’ll see notifications to upgrade, please.
In addition to our full suite of features, an active Buzzshot subscription includes the ability to send up to 20,000 Broadcast Emails per year for free. Our ‘Broadcast Emails’ feature is specifically designed for businesses that want to send a regular marketing or newsletter campaign email to all their mailing list(s). For example, if you have a mailing list of 5,000 players you could send everyone a broadcast email once a month for four months without needing to purchase more (Ie. a mailing list of 5,000 people x 4 broadcast emails each = 20,000 broadcast emails). If you wish to purchase more it costs just US$25/month for up to 20,000 sends each month.
Escape room owners and Game Masters tend to discover Buzzshot through recommendations on industry forums or when hunting for waiver software or team photo app's online but then during a Buzzshot demo and free trial often realise that Buzzshot is actually the most advanced end-to-end customer satisfaction software that they’ve been dreaming of, packed full of valuable features and potential for their business. You might be surprised to learn:
- Buzzshot is the only system of its kind to have native apps for smartphones and tablets (both Android and Apple devices) as well a web-based Business Dashboard. This all means that Buzzshot is the only waiver and team photo system that won’t lose your player data or photos if your escape room wifi drops! This level of reliability is just one reason why many business owners choose Buzzshot above all other systems.
- Buzzshot has more features and multiple workflows to suit your unique business and staff needs. You can use Buzzshot to collect player details and digital signatures upon arrival plus so much more. Our Kiosk Mode is perfect for your reception or foyer, or your Game Masters can host a more personable check-in using the Buzzshot app on a smartphone or tablet. Players can even check-in and sign their waiver by scanning a QR Code on their own smartphones! Basically, Buzzshot is designed to be flexible and scalable for your growing needs. We even integrate with popular booking systems to further automate things.
- Buzzshot is the only system that can automate professional-grade Photoshop skills and effects. Instantly create team photos that your players want to share, with colour adjustment layers and variable content including team names, room specific graphics, escape times, and even different win / lose states! You can even print out and sell your photos as Souvenirs! Perhaps most importantly, Buzzshot is the only system that previews you photo overlay as you are taking the photo so you never risk losing your players behind frames or graphics.
- Buzzshot has powerful experiential messaging with Email and SMS so you can keep the narrative and excitement going even after the game. Our Advanced Email Editor ensures your email communication and player follow-ups are on-brand and fully customisable. A personal ‘thank you’ from the Games Master to encourage more personal reviews, or an email narrative that continues the story? You decide!
- Buzzshot saves you and your staff a ton of time in many different ways. One of our most popular time-saving features is the ‘Review Monitor’. Buzzshot doesn’t just encourage players to leave more reviews, you and your staff will be able to see a full overview of all reviews from Tripadvisor, Facebook, Google, Morty and more, all in one place. No more wasted time having to regularly go off and visit all your separate review sites because everything is available in your Review Monitor.
- Buzzshot has ‘Broadcast Emails’ built-in so you can send additional marketing and regular newsletters to you mailing lists, all with the power of variable content for personalisation and targeting. In addition to our full suite of features, an active Buzzshot subscription also includes the ability to send up to 20,000 Broadcast Emails per year for free. You can always buy more if you need to. We hope that for most of our customers Buzzshot Broadcast Emails are cheaper, more convenient and easier to use than any other email marketing tools you might already be paying for.
- Buzzshot has an ‘Event Manager’ tool to give organisers full control of their own corporate bookings and large groups. A simple interface for complex multi room/game bookings, built for HR managers and administrators to organise their own team building reservation or party – it’s their event dashboard! Say goodbye to large team bottlenecks in your lobby!
- Buzzshot generates Real-time Data and Website Widgets. This means if you’re all about competition you can have automatically updating Leaderboards displayed on a smart tv in your foyer or if you’re more focused on fun perhaps just an updating slideshow of Team Photos embedded on your website. Real-time data just how you need it!
- Buzzshot provides you with a complete Business Dashboard of your business data, analytics and performance stats available at a glance, all searchable and exportable. Escape room owners and staff might refer to it as a CRM system (Customer Relationship Management) helping organise bookings, build customer relationships and streamline processes to increase sales, improve customer service, and increase profitability. We built the Buzzshot Business Dashboard to provide you operational insights to run your business, help your staff and ensure excellent customer satisfaction.
- Buzzshot is trusted by 1000’s of escape rooms worldwide. Our customers tell us we provide the best software and support in the industry. You can see our stats and customer quotes below! You might be surprised to learn that we’re also the same software team who support the escape room industry with our online game inventory and builder Telescape and Escape Industry News
You own your data. Our job, together with our suppliers, is to process your data safely and securely on your behalf, for you. As a business and product team we have high standards and prioritise GDPR compliancy, data privacy, and security across all aspects of our software and service. In terms of data protection and security, we act as a Data Processor on behalf of our customers (Ie. escape room businesses). Our customers remain the Data Controller and owner of their own business and customer data.
Buzzshot is registered as a Data Processor with the Information Commissioner’s Office, the UK's independent body set up to uphold information rights.